We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Catalan cream is the most typical and well-known dessert in Catalonia. Also known as burnt cream, it consists of a pastry cream with egg yolk that is covered with caramelized sugar.
A crunchy and very sweet dessert that children and adults will love. Don't miss the chance to prepare this very traditional dessert, a typical grandmother recipe that is passed down from generation to generation, now it's your turn!
- 1 liter of milk
- 200 grams of sugar
- 30 grams of cornstarch
- 7 yolks
- A piece of the skin of a lemon
- Half a cinnamon stick
- Cinnamon powder
1. Boil the milk with 50 grams of sugar, the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick.
2. In a container add the other 150 grams of sugar, the cornstarch and the yolks. Mix everything well with the mixer.
3. Add half of the boiled milk to this mixture and continue beating to avoid lumps.
4. The whole mixture is poured into the saucepan containing the other half of the milk and, over low heat and avoiding sticking to the bottom, stir until set.
5. When you remove the cream from the heat, pour it into individual clay containers or small deep plates.
6. Let it cool to room temperature.
7. When serving the cream, sprinkle the cinnamon powder mixed with a little sugar on top.
8. With a dessert torch, toast the surface of the cream, it will be delicious!
You can read more articles similar to Catalan cream of the grandmother, in the category of Mousses - creams on site.